Friday 13 April 2012

5K anyone?

In 20th June I am going to take part in Race for Life. For those that don't know, this is a 5k route and you can walk, jog, run round it. It's all in aid of cancer research.

I walked this about 7 or 8 years ago and it took me over 1 hour. This time the plan is to jog/run as much as possible and complete it in under 1 hour. I've got just over 2 months to improve my running at the gym. Last night I managed to run for a total of 18 mins, which I was very pleased with. At the moment I'm doing it on my own but hopefully some friends will also be joining me.

It would be great to get donations for this charity. 2 of my grandparents suffered with cancer, my friends mum is now in remission and a friend has just got the all clear after 6 months of chemo. So I will be doing the 5K for all for of these 4 brave people. Hopefully my sponsorship money will make a difference.

If you would like to sponsor me you can visit my Just Giving sponsor page at  Race for Life - 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment