Wednesday 2 January 2013

One year on...

Today marks a year since I decided to take control, eat less & move more with a healthier way of life.

What a year it has been. A real roller coaster of emotion. I cannot lie, it has been a struggle at times. But in the end it took sheer determination & willpower.

In the last month I've not posted much which was due to me being poorly for 2 weeks before Christmas, then I had my birthday and all the Christmas festivities. I put on 6lb over Christmas. I'm not upset by this as my plan has always been to have a life whilst losing weight. There will be plenty of time to get rid of that 6lb. Just before my birthday I lost weight and managed to hit my goal of losing 6 stones.

This time last year I wasn't sure how far I'd get on this journey. But I think that because I made a conscious effort to change my lifestyle rather than go on a diet, I was able to go over & above my own expectations.

Many people will be wanting to start losing weight now following the festive bingeing. What I would say to you is that it is possible, but only if you truly want it. Good luck to any of you who are about to start your own journey, or those who are continuing on your journey.

But my journey doesn't end here. I still would like to lose a bit more than my lowest, maybe another 7-14lb. I won't know until I get there and see how I feel. I think this stage of my journey will take longer though due to being closer to my goal weight. I now know how feeling slimmer feels and I'm NEVER going back to where I was.

The year ahead will bring many challenges but ultimately I want to carry on with eating a variety of healthy foods.

Thank you for joining me on my journey for the last year.
Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment