Monday 26 November 2012

Being overweight

Back in January when i weighed in at the start of my journey my BMI was a staggering 44.56.

Below tells you roughly the categories for BMI.

Above 45 = Super morbidly obese
40 - 45 = Morbidly obese
35 - 40 = Severely obese
30 - 35 = obese
25 - 30 = overweight
20 - 25 = normal

So as you can see I was almost super morbidly obese. In fact in 2010 I actually was classed as super morbidly obese at one point.

Today however, marks a huge accomplishment & great milestone - I am officially just OVERWEIGHT! I cannot ever remember weighing what I do now and being this BMI. I'm looking like the 'Cheshire Cat' from Alice in Wonderland at the moment.

As with any huge weight loss I have started to find it harder to lose in the last few weeks. I think that this is partly due to binging & lack of exercise.

I still would like to lose another stone or two - depending on how I feel & look. A lot of people I've mentioned this to have been shocked. I think this is mainly due to people having known me as a bigger person and they're just not used to a slimmer me. If a stranger on the street saw me they would think it was ok for me to lose more weight.

People have also said that I need to ignore what the BMI chart says. I will definitely base it more on how I look & feel rather than just a number on a chart.

I only have 2lb to go until I've lost 6 stones. I actually can't believe it sometimes. It's taken a bit of getting used to. Having been obese all my adult life I'm now in completely new territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment