Monday 19 November 2012

What a week it's been

As you may know I weighed in this morning and stayed the same. I was in total shock to be honest. I had such a bad week.

Every day bar one, I was over my calories by at least 200-300 calories. On 1 day I'd eaten over 1200 cals more than I should have. I was totally expecting to put on 1lb if I was lucky, but was thinking 2-3lb realistically.

It all started with my weigh-in last Monday. It followed a week of me posting exactly what I was eating. I hadn't had any binges and thought I may lose 1lb. But I stayed the same. This made me feel quite cheesed off and unmotivated.

Then after 2 days of eating fairly badly I got a really bad spot/boil. I have been plagued with these ever since I was a teenager. Since eating healthier I've not really suffered. I think it is another symptom of being obese and bad diet. They can be pretty bad, like this one. It made my lip swell up so much that it looked like I'd been punched. This put me in a worse mood and I didn't even want to leave the house. I was sad & irritable. Not a good combination, on top of the disappointment of not losing weight. So for the rest of the week I binged......and ate.....a lot. I had pick & mix at the cinema, crisps, chocolate biscuit bars, Pizza Hut lunch, extra portions for dinner and lots of other unhealthy things.

Emotions play such a huge part in weight loss. For example today has been really good. I've done 7 mins on my exercise bike and eaten really well. But that only happened because what my scales said this morning. I could have had a very different day if I'd have put on weight. This morning I also decided to see if my size 14 jeans fit me...and they do. That was another great boost for the day.

I really feel like I was given last week to show me how quickly you can slip back into old habits. Now I feel confident about my week ahead. I've only got 4lbs to lose until a big milestone and I'd love to do that by Christmas.

I have added a picture. One of my closest friends has this written in her kitchen and it always makes me smile.

It's time to dance people!

No comments:

Post a Comment