Wednesday 15 August 2012

Feeling fat

Been having quite a difficult week at the moment. Been feeling quite low as well but not sure if that's a consequence of putting on weight this week, or I put on weight because I was feeling low - vicious circle.

On Saturday I went to a BBQ. Very stupidly I weighed on Sunday morning. It said I'd put on 2lb. Then throughout the day I thought i may as well eat lots coz I'd already put on weight. In true vicious circle form, I then felt really bad for eating more and then started to eat more. Argh!!!! Why is it so flippin hard sometimes?

On Monday I weighed in and for the week I'd only put on 1lb. This made me feel even worse. I just kept thinking that if I hadn't eaten that choccy Philly straight from the tub, or that extra Halloumi I may have stayed the same. Since Monday I have felt pretty low. Monday was difficult food wise because we went to London for the day as we had an annual appointment. I ate more than I should have but to be honest I didn't care.

Yesterday & today (Wednesday) I have managed to stick to my calorie goal but it's been very difficult, especially yesterday. It took every ounce of willpower I had not to raid the kitchen cupboards yesterday.

I have not been to the gym since Friday either as I just don't want to. But at the same time I know that I must go because it's making such a difference to my health & life.

I said to a friend that sometimes I feel a bit schizophrenic. I said it light-heartedly and it may sound odd, but I can't think of a better way to explain that some days I feel so strong & motivated and other days I just can't be bothered. The good thing is that the majority of my days & weeks I feel strong.

The other problem I'm having is that I feel really fat. That's probably because i am. Even though I have lost approx 4.5 stones I'm still classified as obese. I'm still fat....that is a fact. Sometimes it can be disheartening to know that even though I've lost so much already I'm still covered in fat and medically classed as obese. When you lose a lot of weight you very quickly forget how it felt to be bigger and even what you looked like. Photos help to some degree but not a lot.

I just feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall and I feel like I'm losing control. I know that there is know way I'm going back to how i used to be. I guess I just going to have to dig deep and get on with it.

Eat less & move more! it's not rocket science (but it feels like it sometimes)

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat your self up luv. Think about thin people who can eat what they want without having to analise how many calories in something before deciding if they can eat it. You have been hard at it for 8 months now and are bound to have off days/weeks. With my weight history I have had off years!
    As for what the charts say about if you are still obese, they are so unrealistic in my view and would suggest you ignore them. Go with how u look (which s great ) and feel.

    ReplyDelete