Monday 19 March 2012

Updating the rules

In my very first post I wrote a list of rules that I was going to stick to in order to achieve my goal. I've adopted a healthy way of life for 11 weeks now, so I thought I'd review those rules.

1) smaller & appropriate portions Still applies
2) don't finish of my sons food Still applies
3) 3 meals a day Still applies
4) no snacks, but if really need something then fruit or vegetables. Still applies
5) eat a variety of foods throughout the week Still applies
6) eat all food groups in a day Still applies
7) more fruit & veg Still applies (although not eating as much fruit as I was at the beginning).
8) drink more no added sugar squash & water (cut down on fizzy drinks) Gone back to fizzy drinks
9) move more than I did before Still applies
10) don't stick to one type of exercise - don't want to get bored Doing variety of gym equipment, walking, cycling.
11) no food is banned - it's all about moderation. Still applies
12) be honest & talk Still applies
13) have fun & be positive Still applies

I feel quite pleased looking back that I'm actually keeping to the majority of my 'rules'. I have added one rule since I started.
14) Have approximately 1200 calories a day.

This is the amount that I eat, but everyone is different. I use a website called My Fitness Pal and they do an amazing free app for your smart phone. This works out how many calories I need to have to lose weight.







No comments:

Post a Comment