Monday 5 March 2012

Health MOT & training programme

Last Saturday I had a Health MOT at the gym. It was good and there are a few areas to work on improving which is great. I'm going to to have another one done in 3 months. Hopefully there should be an improvement.

I'll put a few of my results below:
Hip to Waist ratio = 0.90
Aerobic fitness = 30
Resting heartbeat = 56
Cholesterol = 4.55
Blood Glucose = 5
Health score = 58

So yesterday I met up with a personal trainer and worked out a programme for me to work on. He's set me a little 30 minute challenge to do once a week. It's a mini triathlon of rowing, cycling & walking. Then the rest of the times that I go I've got a weight resistance & cardio workout. Apparently the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. I'm looking forward to getting started, in fact I can't wait. I managed to go to the gym 4 times this last week as well as incorporating cycling & walks into my week.

Still really enjoying the exercise. On Friday I cycled to town, pulling my son's trailer all by myself. It was definitely harder but I made it there & back. It was the first time that I've taken my son out on my own, so I was really pleased that I did it. I also cycled to a toddler group on Tuesday. Also going to cycle to my parents this afternoon.

Food-wise all has been going well in the last week. I've been keeping to my calories. My focus is still more on the exercise instead of the food, which is really helping. I was talking to the personal trainer yesterday and he was saying that I good tip is to eat fewer carbohydrates with your evening meals. He said that if you eat a lot of carbs in the evening they are more likely to turn into fat and become harder to shift because your body can't burn the calories off. He said if you think about breakfast it kind of makes sense. Most people eat toast/cereal for breakfast. Both are packed with carbs, but you then have the whole day to burn off those stubborn calories. With that in mind I will try lower my carbs at dinner, but not excluding them completely.

I have been very good this week but I do not know what the scales will say in the morning. No mid-week weigh in this week so I hope that all my exercising at the gym is starting to help. Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment