Wednesday 29 February 2012

Addicted?

It's been a month since I wrote about and enjoying exercise. I can hardly believe I'm going to say this but I think I may becoming addicted to exercise.

Since joining the gym on Saturday I have been 3 times (sunday, monday & tuesday) and did around an hour each time. Today is not a gym day but I've walked 3.5 miles. My husband and I have a day without our son and went to cinema & out for dinner. But we walked to the cinema, then to harvester for dinner, then home. We just had chicken & salad for dinner which is within our calorie allowance for the day. So feel like I've not wasted a day with no gym.

You hear about people that get a high from doing exercise and become addicted. I always thought these people were crazy. But it seems as though I may be slowly turning into one of them.

It's been great to exercise for over an hour the last few nights, but in the day when I'm sitting down I start to feel a little bit guilty for sitting down. Normally when my son has his sleep. There's a voice in my head that is shouting louder each day about doing more exercise. I'm getting to like the sound of this voice.

Just after our son left this morning my husband said we should go and sleep. Typically my husband fell asleep really quickly, but I couldn't. I just kept thinking that I could be doing exercise. In the end I went and did some and felt really pleased after.

Tomorrow my husband and I are going to the gym. We plan on doing 60 - 75 mins exercise, followed by 20 - 30 mins swim, then a steam & sauna. It's going to be lovely.

I went to the gym with a friend this week which was such a great help. She helped give me the strength to keep going on that damn stepper, even when I thought I couldn't do anymore.

Who knows how long I will feel like this? It is quite a strange feeling. All my life I've looking at exercise as a chore and in a negative way, so it's taking some getting used to. But whilst I do feel like this i'm going to embrace it. At the end of the day it helping me get healthier & fitter, right?

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call it addicted, but you certainly seem fixated. I think that that is prob for 2 reasons - the endorphins from exercise, which are giving you that sense of well being, and the knowledge that every time you do exercise you are pushing yourself a little closer to your goal.

    I had a moment last week when I was cycling 4 miles back from the shops - big hill that I would normally walk up, cycled up no problem! I reckon that people looked askance thinking 'how does that fat middle aged woman do that?', but maybe they weren't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that I'm not really addicted. It's just thoughts on my mind which I put in my blog.

      Delete