Saturday 25 February 2012

A step in the right direction

I'm nearly at the 2 month mark. I'm really pleased with where I have got to on my journey but think its time to get some professional help. This morning I joined a gym! I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the classes and being able to go swimming, as well as using the gym. Going to also use it to take my son swimming. Its been about 3 years since I went to a gym. I was never excited about the gym, I always saw it as a chore. This time I'm thinking about my health, fitness and weight loss. I'm going to ask family to help babysit in the evenings if my husband is working which will be a massive help.

I've got a health MOT in a week. This is going to tell me about cholesterol, blood sugar, BMI etc. I think that it'll be a fantastic boost & motivation. I'll be going with 1 of my best friends too, which is a massive help.

The first time I go to the gym I know will be a bit difficult. I don't mean physically, but mentally. I worry too much about what other people think. I will be thinking that everyone is thinking 'there goes the fat girl....this should be funny.' I only ever feel like that for the first couple of times until I get used to what I'm doing and where everything is. I know that the same will happen this time, but I also know that I'm dedicated to this and I'm not about to throw in the towel just because my mind is playing games with me. Even if there are people that think that, I know that I'm stronger and that these people are not worth worrying about. I will just be proud of myself for doing something about it. It's better than sitting at home and sitting on the sofa, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment