Wednesday 8 February 2012

Positive Mental Attitude - Week 6 progress

Got bundles of Positive Mental Attitude at the moment and I think this is a big reason why I'm doing so well with my healthier lifestyle. I'm looking at things clearer than ever before. I just hope that this PMA hangs around for the long haul.

This week is going well. I did 30 mins wii fit on Monday and also today. I'm really pleased that I have put in the effort to do some exercise. I've actually surprised myself with this 'diet'. I've been so much more focused on the exercise and whether or not I've done any, that I'm not obsessed with food. That it what normally happens to me. As soon as I start a diet I can't think of anything but food. That's normally when I fail. But this time i've got my few basic rules and I'm sticking to them. I have to admit that I have started counting calories more in the last few days. Im using the app My Fitness Pal. It's so good and means that I can always keep focused. I'm so pleased coz a friend of mine has downloaded it too. This means that we will be able to support and motivate each other even more.

This morning I booked a treat for myself for when we go to Centre Parcs. My friends and I have booked a spa evening. I've been to a spa at CP before and it was wonderful. I'm hoping that this will also keep me focused for the next few months. It'll be lovely to have some time with my friends too without the children ..... Can't wait!

As you may know I've lost 18 lbs and I've started to feel the difference. I can't see the difference to be honest, but I think that's coz of the vast amount still to lose. I have noticed that my trousers are looser and that my engagement ring is looser too. There's more room in my cost when I zip it up and tops don't feel so tight. All very good signs :0)

This week my big bum gel seat for my bike turned up. The seat is so wide(27cm).....It's actually quite funny. So when the snow goes I'm going to start cycling round the block. My husband's on holiday in a couple of weeks and that's when I want to build up my cycling sessions.

When my husband is off we're also going to have a tv free week. We did this at the beginning of January and it was really good. Made us do more exercise and also talk more (and the house was so tidy).

Later I'm going to plan out meals for the next week, looking forward to trying out more new recipes and some old favourites. Just need to think up some new ideas for lunches. If anyone has any ideas they want to share that would be great. I normally have salad, sandwich or wrap but don't want to get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment