Saturday 4 February 2012

Week 5

I'm in my fifth week of my new way of life. You may know that my focus is not only to eat less but also to move more than I did before. This week has not gone to plan on the moving side of things.

I don't know about any of you, but hormones can affect me quite a bit throughout the month. So I've just not been in the right place to exercise each night or lunchtime. I think that had it not been so cold I would have gone out for a couple of walks with my son & friends. I'm not beating myself up about not exercising though, like I did before coz I can't change the past. So I'm just looking forward and still focusing on losing weight. I'm in this for the long haul.

Food-wise this week has gone really well. We even had a family birthday and we all went to Harvester for dinner. I wanted to enjoy my food as well as keep it healthy. So I broke one of my rules and counted my calories for the day. Harvester is great coz they have the calorie values on the menus. So I had 1/2 spit-roasted chicken, without any carbs or veg, and a massive bowl of salad. I made sure that I had my favourite things like fried onions, croutons and honey & mustard sauce, so that I didn't feel like I was denying myself anything. Everyone had salad to start, but I waited for my main. I think that I managed this due to keeping myself busy looking at my lovely sister-in-law's wedding photos. No one wanted pudding either so that was good for me too! However tomorrow were going to my in-laws for birthday cake. I'm going to have a small piece because it's what normal people do, but I'm only going to have a sliver.

Tonight I couldn't be bothered to cook so we've just had a grilled chicken kebab with salad (minus the pitta...Yeah I know what you're thinking....that's just chicken salad. But chicken kebab sounds better) It was lovely & filling.

Still been watching weight loss programmes such as the biggest loser, I think that they are a bit unrealistic though. These people are pushed to exercise to the absolute extreme as well as diet. Then when they lose 5lb for the week they are disappointed!! I mean what planet are they on?!? If I lost 5lb in any week other than the first 2, I'd be overjoyed. I'm still going to watch them, but still sticking with my steady & realistic weight loss.

Not been back on my bike yet, but when the weather warms up I must start. My husband has 2 weeks holiday at the end of the month so that may be the time to really crack on with my cycling training for our holiday.

The continued support I've had from my husband, friends & family has been a massive help. I know that I can talk to, call or text any of them if I'm going off track for the wrong reasons, and that they'll keep me focused - thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment