Tuesday 14 February 2012

Being selfish

The last few days have been really good for me. I have discovered a bit on wii fit plus that I've never used before. It's exercise targeted on certain areas of the body/reasons to lose weight. Anyway, the idea is that you can combine different sections to do a whole body workout. I've done about an hour every day for the last 4 days. Each time you do it, it changes the exercises for the different areas so I've not been bored. You can also programme it to be as long or short as you need. It's the first time I've done any of the yoga and muscle strengthening exercises. I'm finding an hour is going so quickly, and I have got a real thirst for exercise at the moment. Never, ever felt like this in my whole life. I'm actually looking forward to doing more. So while I've got this thirst for exercise I've decided that I've got to be more selfish when it comes to exercising. In my life I'm a wife & mother first & foremost, which doesn't leave me much time for me. But my husband has been so supportive and looks after our son or takes him out so that I can exercise. It has been so helpful because I'm not worrying whether my son will wake up from his nap, or that I'm too tired to exercise because it's late in the evening. Ive made a commitment to change my life and work on losing this excess weight for at least a year, so in order to do that I must ask for people to help me. I'm thinking of asking some help from family to look after Harry for a few hours a week. This will mean that I can really concentrate on exercise, at least for a couple of times a week.

I'm also bidding on 'the biggest loser' wii game. I've read the reviews and they say that it's a great workout and not to be underestimated. So I'm looking forward to trying that out and sweating away those fat cells :0)

Thankfully it rain last night so the ice has melted a bit more. So at lunchtime I'm going to cycle round the block. Last time I stopped 3 times and really struggled getting back onto our drive, so we'll see if I've improved.

Tonight is the Chinese takeaway night. I've decided to have chicken noodles. I think it's about 500 calories, so that will fit in fine with my calories.

If you're losing weight .... Keep going, take one day at a time. If you've indulged today then just accept it and start again.....tomorrow is a brand new day!

Thanks for reading :0)

UPDATED:
Just done my bike ride round the block and I didn't stop once. Absolutely shattered when I got home. 6 mins in total :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment