Tuesday 24 July 2012

Little black dress

These are three little words that I used to dread.

I used to read in magazines about how every woman should have a little black dress (LBD) in their wardrobe. I used to envy people who could wear a simple black dress. Be it a short, smart or maxi.

To be honest it didn't have to be little or black. The only dress I felt good in was my wedding dress which I wore over 4 years ago. I've bought a couple of dresses since then. But the problem when you're on the larger side is......,chaffing. It's such a painful problem. I've known people who have wanted to wear a dress but wore shorts underneath to stop this, or put on loads of talc. This, and the fact that I felt like a whale, is the reason I don't do dresses......


......until today! I am so happy I can't even begin to describe it to you. A very lovely friend gave me a dress and I've just tried it on. It's a black maxi dress and a size 14. It's gorgeous and it's fits! Plus I feel comfortable in it. Feeling comfortable is such a major thing when it comes to dresses.

Today I feel totally normal and absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment