Thursday 25 October 2012

Drinks

One thing i hear so much about is drinking a lot of water. time after time I read about how good it is to help you lose weight. I'm really bad with my drinks. Luckily I do not mean alcohol (hardly drink at all, about 1 drink every 6 months - if that), but more fizzy diet drinks. Pepsi Max in particular. I can drink 3 large glasses a day (approx 2 litres). I rarely drink anything else, sometimes i have a coffee in the morning but only about 2-3 times a week. So as you can see my body is just filled with this stuff and not enough water. I was talking to a friend this week and she was telling me the benefits of water for you body. I knew some of it but still I don't drink enough.

Today I have done a bit of research. They say you should drink 8 glasses of water a day. One problem I had was, how much is a glass of water? My glasses are huge and I couldn't drink 8 of them a day. So good old google helped me find the answer, which is 250ml. I am currently drinking from a water bottle that is 750ml. This made it much easier to visualise how much I actually needed to drink to meet the required amount.

So what will drinking all this water do for my body? For this I've been googling again. This 6 reasons to drink water gives you some great health benefits. But it also highlights that drinking all this water is up for discussion. This has confused me a bit but I think I'm going to stick with drinking more water (with no added sugar squash). I'm hoping that I will feel fuller meaning that I'm less likely to binge and also that it will help some worries of mine about an aspect of losing more weight, but I will focus on that in another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment