Thursday 19 April 2012

Clothes

Throughout most of my adult life I've never really liked my clothes. Being obese means that you have to buy what fits, not necessarily what you like. I've always wanted to have more of a style but it's never been easy for me. I've never been confident about my looks therefore never had the confidence to wear trendy clothes made for obese women.

This week I went to buy a few items to keep me going whilst I'm still losing weight. I bought a few tops and a pair of jeans. I got the tops 2 sizes smaller than I used to be. They are a little snug, but I'm still losing so should do good for the summer. The jeans I got 1 size smaller but now thinking that I'm actually gonna need the next size down soon. It's such a great feeling.

When I was at my heaviest I never wore jeans. I don't like the look of me in jeans when I'm that big. So when I get into jeans I feel so happy. I love wearing jeans coz their so easy. One day I'm going to throw away all my horrible M&S black trousers. They just remind my of being obese. This probably sounds silly to most people, but to me being able to wear jeans is such a big deal. I think I've had 2 periods of time in my life where I've worn jeans. The last time was when I got married (nearly 4 years ago).

The thought of being able to shop in 'normal' shops is wonderful. It used to be so horrible to go into a shop and know that there's no point even looking because they only go up to an 18/20. I always used to hate if I couldn't find the 'fat section' in a shop, coz then you'd have to ask an assistant. It bought me a lot of shame and embarrassment. So that's why I never like clothes shopping. But I think that's about to change...

No comments:

Post a Comment