Thursday 12 April 2012

Totally surprised myself

Today I achieved something which I never thought I could do.

Tonight I went to the gym (3rd night in a row :0)) and I started off on the treadmill. I did 5 mins of walking to warm up. Then I started running. As you may know I've done running in the past month since joining the gym. Previously my personal best, without stopping was 2.5 mins. This was a real push and I was totally out of breath after. That only happened once and the rest of the times I've averaged 1 - 1.5 mins. So you can understand my amazement when I managed 5 whole mins in one go. I got to 2 mins and thought 'just 1 more minute'. I kept doing this until I hit 5 mins. I was so happy. Then I walked for 2 mins. I was feeling good and started to run again. This time I ran for 8 mins in one go. No stopping, no major struggle - 8 BLOODY MINS!! I went to walking after that for 5 mins. During that last 5 mins I was thinking about what I'd just achieved. To be honest with you I had to fight back the tears.

The people that know me really well like my parents, husband & sister, know that I am lazy and that this is such a big deal for me. This is something I've never done in my life.

I ran for 8 mins - i still cant believe it.

In the rest of my gym session I went on the summit trainer, bike, cross trainer & back on the treadmill. This time I managed 2 blocks of 2.5 mins running. So in total today I ran for 18 mins. I'm hoping to increase this now & keep working on it in time. I've worked out what speed suits me which is great. Previously I was running too fast so I was getting knackered quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment