Monday 9 April 2012

More ramblings from me

I've not really posted much in the last couple of weeks so thought I'd jot down some of my thoughts.

Last Monday I reached a milestone of losing 2.5 stones in 3 months. I was so so happy that I managed to reach that goal. I really like setting myself little goals along the way. Every pound is a good achievement, but when I set myself a goal there just feels like a little bit more of a reason to celebrate. So I've already been working on 3 more goals.

1. I go away on holiday in 4 weeks time and I'd like to lose another 8lb by then. This will mean that I weigh the same as I did when I got married.

2. In 7 weeks time my baby boy turns 2! So from today I would like to lose 14lb by then. The last time I weighed that, would have been about 12 years ago.

3. I have a weight in my mind which is 1.5 stones from what I weigh today. If I can get to this weight I will be a very happy woman indeed. I would not have weighed that since I was 19yrs old. I don't really have a time in mind for this final one - just as long as I get there (but I go on a seaside holiday at the very end of June so maybe I could aim for then).

I have to say that I have shocked myself with the consistency of weight loss. I have lost at least 1lb every week and on average I lose 2.5lb a week. This is much better than I could have ever hoped for. On the whole I have found this relatively easy because this is NOT a diet. This is my life now and the way I intend to eat & exercise for the rest of my life. In the last 14 weeks I have shown to myself that you can have a life and still lose weight. I've still had 'naughty' foods such as Chinese takeaways, chocolate birthday cake, chicken kebabs, chocolate, pizza hut pizza, restaurant meals, proper roast potatoes & and even a sickly sweet Indian pudding called gulab jaman. So I have not felt like I've missed out at all. The only difference now is that I count my calories and write down everything I eat.

A massive support to me is my husband. He has adopted this healthy way of life too. He has weighed in with me every Monday morning. He's been there for me when I'm having a bad day and pushed me to keep going. He has the same meals as me and so does our son. He is my rock and without him I definitely could have lost the 38lbs I have. He has done a fantastic job with his weight loss too and has lost a massive 27lb to date. I'm so proud of you!

This has all been quite positive so far but I have struggled in the last couple of weeks (possibly why I've not posted much). I have been getting that stage of thinking 'I can't be bothered'. Now for those that don't know me well - I'm lazy. I'm so lazy (my husband will back me up I'm sure). This hasn't affected me too much so far because the little angel Laura's voice has shouted loudest. But I can hear that little devil Laura whispering in the background. It's mainly about going to the gym. Now don't get me wrong I know that it's doing me the world of good, and once I'm there I feel great. It's just getting off my backside and going that is potentially going to be the problem.

Losing weight is great and I can see & feel it quite often now. I've definitely dropped 1 dress size, possibly 2; my wedding ring & engagement ring are much loser; I have slightly visible collar bones; plus loads of other things that I can't think of right now. I'm looking forward to going to buy some new additions to my wardrobe, but I'll only get cheap stuff coz I'm not at goal yet. Cannot wait to be able to shop in 'normal' shops and not have to shop in the plus size shops/departments. Who knows I may even like clothes shopping in the future.

I gave myself a year to lose the weight and I know that there will be a time that comes when my weight will plateau and I'll have more of a struggle, but for now I know I will get to my goal weight....I just don't know when that day is yet.

If you're trying to lose weight at the moment, good luck, celebrate the small victories and keep going!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment