Friday 1 June 2012

Celebrations

On Monday was my son's 2nd birthday and we had a lovely weekend. We had some friends round to play and had a BBQ, we went out for lunch and lots of other lovely things. The problem with this is that I went off track for a few days. In fact since we came back from holiday I've found it a lot harder to get back to my new normal way of life. I have found myself more hungry than before and I lost my way a bit. I have had great moments since being back from holiday as I mentioned in my last post Summer, but generally it has been a struggle. During the week one friend said how good I was looking but I told her that I was feeling really fat at the moment.

Anyway back to the celebrations - as I said, I have made some silly choices with regard to my food & exercise. I only have myself to blame and I know that I am totally accountable for what's happened. But even though I have fallen off track, I have still tracked everything I have eaten on My Fitness Pal. I decided a long time ago that I had to be totally accountable for what I ate. So even when I've not been so good I have tracked what I've eaten. I have found that this has actually helped me get back on track quicker than if I hadn't tracked.

Several people have asked me what the app is that I use, so here's the link to My Fitness Pal.

I have also only been to the gym a couple of times since being back from holiday and found myself not going for as many walks or cycling as much as I was before my holiday. This has had a big impact on my fitness levels too. Because of the lack of healthy eating & exercise I found myself becoming more tired and lethargic. I can totally see now what an amazing affect they can have on someone.

Yesterday I decided that enough was enough. Partly because my in-laws had my son for the afternoon and I really had no excuse not to go to the gym. So after lunch I went down the gym. I did about an hour doing weights & cardio and then I went for a swim. I managed to swim for 15 mins in one go which I was really pleased with. Then I had 5 mins in the sauna and then went home. I felt so much better after I'd done some exercise. I didn't feel fat anymore! I also managed to stick to my calories too. I'm hoping to be able to undo any negative impact my eating at the beginning of the week may have had.

Last night we went out for another family birthday and saw my sisters-in-law. They all commented on how good i was looking which made me feel much better. This morning I decided that I had to start doing more exercise again. I cycled to baby rhyme and home again going the long way. This was 25 mins of cycling. I was feeling so pleased and actually feeling better as the day went on. I made sausage casserole at lunchtime and popped that in the slow cooker. then this afternoon I took my son for a walk. I walked for a total of 1 hour 40 mins pushing the buggy. So I now feel totally back into it.

I have been lucky not to have put on any weight whilst I've been struggling. This is great because it means I can carry on where I left off - 49 pounds lost. I've got some milestones coming up which is very exciting. Only 1 more pound until I've lost 50. I'm really hoping that I can do it this week.

Having the support of family & friends, as well as writing in my blog, has really helped me to be able to get back on track when I stray off the right path. So huge thanks to everyone who has been there for me, complimented me and kept me going....you have no idea quite how much it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment