Thursday 28 June 2012

Little dip

Argh!!! I'm so annoyed with myself. Last night my husband was working so I was on my own.

I'd eaten dinner, chicken stew, with my son at about 5.30pm. I made a big batch so that I could freeze some for my son. After I put my son to bed I went and got another serving of my chicken stew. I think I did this because I normally eat after he's gone to bed; more out of habit of eating at that time. Then I had a feeling in my stomach...it felt like hunger. So I ate some crisps & a cereal bar. But I was still 'hungry' so I had another packet of crisps, cereal bar & jelly.

Inside I was telling myself off and getting cross. But there was this bloody voice taking over me (well that's what it felt like). I then went and ate 4 crackers with cheese.

What have I done?!?

This morning I made sure I went to the gym to make sure that what happened last night didn't ruin me. I didn't enjoy it as much as normal, but just told myself it was the consequence I had to face because I over ate.

I had a bit of a funny turn at the gym. Started to feel a bit sick after I'd run for 5 mins. But a kind man advised me to go and ask reception for something sweet. I had a biscuit and then got straight back to my workout. But I made sure I didn't jog anymore, so I just did a power walk.

I have no idea why I felt like I did last night. I'd had a good day with my son. I guess this may happen from time to time. It's been a while since I felt like that.

The one thing I have been determined to do, is be accountable for everything I eat. So regardless of what I eat I make sure that I've tracked it. That way I can see exactly where I've gone off track. So even though I made some bad choices last night, I wrote it down where my husband & friend can see it. I think this helps me to get back into it. Otherwise it would feel like I was hiding it and hiding what I ate is what helped get to so where I was at the beginning of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment