Monday 23 January 2012

23rd January

Overall today has been a good day. Took my son to gymnastics this morning and made sure I was running round after him & his friends. Managed to work up quite a sweat. Then this afternoon went for a walk round Tilgate park. Managed to get out of breath and walk for a good 45 mins in total. So really pleased with exercise today.

On the food side I have been really good so far. But now I'm starting to think about food. I think the problem is that I haven't made anything for dinner. We don't have much in coz need to go shopping so dinner isn't going be very filling or healthy. I shall try to put it out of my head. But you know what it's like. Have you ever seen the film Madagascar? I feel a bit like Alex the lion, when he just sees steaks instead of his friends. I will resist and try to occupy myself with something.

Being overweight is pretty horrible. It can affect people in so many different ways. For me I feel disgusting and so I stop bothering to make an effort. This in turn then makes me sad coz I look worse than normal. So today I decided to do my hair and put on some make-up. What a difference it can make. Does anyone else feel like that? I feel much better about myself.

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant Laura - good for you for doing this!

    For me I also feel a bit down when I slob about in pj's all day - like I am at the moment. I'm going to work soon though so will get dressed and put make-up on etc. I often wish I could leave the house with no make-up on but I am far too concerned with what people think of me that I have to wear it every day! It's a kind of mask that gives me a confidence boost, but I wish that I was more confident naturally!

    I'm still doing weightwatchers and have a veggie bake for dinner - which equals about 2 points!
    My weigh in day is tomorrow so will see how I've done and let you know. Also still trying to exercise for at least 10 mins a day.

    Keep going Laura - you CAN do it! Focus on all the rewards at the end, and knowing that you can wear what you want, and feel so much better about yourself! I understand exactly how you feel - my weight is on my mind all the time!We will carry on - and the rewards will far outweigh the hard work!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support Nikki.
      It's so lovely to hear from other people that they understand how I feel. It makes me feel normal.
      Good luck to you too. Let me know how you do tomorrow x

      Delete
  2. Ha!! I lost nothing this week - I am def at a plateau!! Just can't shift it!! Rahhhh!
    Hope you have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Nikki. No loss is better than putting on. Now forget about last week and focus on this week. You can do it! Good luck! X

      Delete
  3. hey Laura
    I lost 2.5 pounds this week! Possibly because I've been on antibiotics since yesterday and they are making me feel sick? Or that I haven't had as much wine this week? But am very pleased :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki that's fantastic! Well done you! That's a great achievement. This should help you to stay morivated over the next week x

      Delete