Friday 27 January 2012

Failed

I've woken up in a hormonal mess. I've really mucked up this week. I've still not done any exercise since Monday. Also went out for dinner this week and had 2 courses. However I do want this 'diet' to become my life and there will be many occasions when I have to go out. So on the night I decided that I also need to enjoy life and not feel like I'm trapped or in prison. Again I vowed to do some exercise, but didn't. Last night my husband was on a late and i ate more than i should have. After my dinner i had a packet of crisps and some cheese on crackers. I only have myself to blame .... And I kicking myself this morning. I've woken up feeling very down and utterly dissapointed with myself.

My husband has already been a star. He said all the right things like 'you can't change what's happened. Now let's get up and get back on it!' of course he's absolutely right. I've made a mistake.... Or two. But what's done is done.

We're meant to be taking our son to a group this morning but I think I may stay at home and actually get my arse into gear. With no-one else in the house I could do a good hour of exercise. This 'diet' was never a 3/4 week challenge, but a long-term one.

I watched 'the biggest loser USA' last night and I watched as they were exercising until they were in pain. I should be glad that my exercise isn't as torturous. I've still got 3 days until I weigh-in so I can still lose something if I put in the effort.

This journey is tough, but it is a journey with high roads & low roads. As long as I reach my destination it doesn't matter what route I take.

Ok through getting all this crap out of my head and into the big wild world, I have managed to talk myself round.

Good luck to anyone reading this who is also trying to shift some pounds.

3 comments:

  1. Don't be too down on yourself - today is a new day and every new day is a chance to turn it all around!
    Have you not thought of trying WW again? When you tried it was it on pro points? You get 49 points for naughty days, and nights out like you had, and it really helps me stay on track - plus you don't feel so guilty!
    Just a thought!
    Don't give up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki. I have done WW before but don't want to pay for a class or count my food. I know that what I'm doing works, it's just a case of doing it and changing my bad habits. I've updated my blog with how my day went. Hope you are doing well this week with your points xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ever look on it as failure. It is just something that you have to learn from. It is very hard to change long established habits and it takes a long time. Just keep focused on your health and well being, rather than every bit of food you may or may not eat.

    ReplyDelete