Tuesday 24 January 2012

Mental wobble today

Bit of a struggle mentally today.

Went to a focus group this morning. There was tea, coffee, biscuits & Danish pastries and I didn't have any of them which I was pleased with.

My husband went to do the food shop at lunchtime (luckily). When he got back I quickly put something in the slow cooker for tonight. I'm so glad I did because I knew that I wouldn't bother to cook later. Which would either end up with us getting a takeaway. Dinner was really tasty parmesan chicken with new potatoes & veg.

No exercise today and as I sit here now I feel like I've let myself down a bit. So I must make sure that I do some tomorrow. In a programme I was watching at the weekend a woman said that it's just the thought of exercise that puts her off. I can totally identify with that. The thought of it puts me off. The thing that annoys me about myself is that I know that as soon as I start I'll quite enjoy it and be pleased with myself after.

I really need to sort it out because I know how easy it is to slip back to old habits and give up altogether. I'd love to lose again this week but I know that my weight loss will start to plateau now at 0 - 2lb a week. I know that for a lot of people a 12lb loss so far would make a big difference. Because I have so much to lose I don't see that as a big amount. I've got over 100lb still to lose. Although I have noticed small changes in my clothes and how I feel which is a great motivation. And I just worked out that I've lost 10% of what I needed to when I started.

In the back of my head was thinking of food at lunchtime and early evening. This voice is really getting on my nerves and i know is testing my will power. It feels a bit like when I gave up smoking. Although I found this relatively easy, I still had those gremlins craving Nicotine at times. Back then I just ignored the little voices and i have managed to be a non-smoker for over 2 years. I was a 20-a-day smoker for roughly 16 years. So I know that if I can block out those gremlins, that I can definitely ignore these gremlins.

I would just like to say thank you for taking the time to read my waffle and all the support I have received from friends and family. Having support gives me the strength I need to win this fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment