Sunday 29 January 2012

Enjoying exercise - who'd have thought it

Yesterday morning we went to get our son a bike helmet. So when we got back the three of us went for a cycle round the block. It was fine at first and could feel my heart pumping & was a little breathless. I had to stop 3 times because my thighs were burning and the saddle was so hard. I kept going and fought against the pain and made it back home. I was only cycling for about 7 mins which may not sound much, but it's good for me. I am looking into getting a big bum gel seat as I've got between now and May to improve, because we're going to Centre Parcs with friends. So there is a little challenge for me. Really hoping to lose at least another 14lb before then which will help.

This morning my husband was doing jobs round the house and I knew that I should try to get out of the house with my son. So I decided to walk to my parents house. We stayed for a little while and then walked back. It was about 25 mins each way. I was so pleased that I decided to do it because we both got loads of fresh air & I got some exercise. I'd even left my car key with my husband so that he could pick us up, but I decided against it.

I actually do enjoy exercise when I'm doing it & feel great after. I love the fact that I'm doing something to get fitter and shift those pounds. I think doing a variety of things is great. I don't get bored with any of it coz I do something different most days. I only do the same exercise two days or more in a row, because I enjoyed it. I also like the fact that the different exercises work different parts of my body.

My husband's on a late today so I'm on my own tonight. I've got beef & onions in the slow cooker & I'm having that with new potatoes. After that I think I may do a bit of Tae Bo then an early night.

Official weigh-in tomorrow so hopefully my hard work this weekend has paid off.

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment