Friday 21 September 2012

Hairy Dieters

Some of you may have heard of The Hairy Bikers, chef duo in the UK. They recently did a series called The Hairy Dieters. The tv show had about 6 or so episodes.

Both of them were over weight and they wanted to shift some pounds. As chefs they wanted to lose weight, but to still eat great tasting food. So their goal was to replicate everyday good wholesome meals with less calories.

My husband and I watched the series and really liked it. They made some really good dishes. And they both list approx 3 stones each, by cutting down on calories & exercising more. To follow the series they released a cookbook - The Hairy Dieters. I thought that this may just be the cookbook of all cookbooks!!

My sister very kindly bought me the book. I looked though it and couldn't wait to get started. The first meal I made was chicken & ham tangle pie. Well, let me tell you, this was simply the best pie I've ever eaten. It was so delicious and so low in calories. I've made many recipes from the book now including skinny lasagne (pic attached with nice big salad), skinny lemon cupcakes, lamb tagine, paprika chicken and sweet & sour chicken. We had the sweet & sour chicken tonight (see attached pic). It really tasted just like the stuff you get from a takeaway. I've always steered clear of cooking any Chinese food, but I couldn't believe how incredibly easy it was to make.

If you're trying to lose weight by cutting calories I cannot recommend this book enough. The flavours are divine and the recipes have easy to follow steps with a photo of the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment