Sunday 16 September 2012

Reflecting

I've not really had my eye on the ball recently. Had an ok week this week but expecting to stay the same again. I feel as though I've hit a bit of a brick wall.

Had a chat with my husband last night to try and figure out why I feel like this. My biggest thing is not exercising. For me I can't just diet to lose weight, I MUST exercise too. I've got a whole list of excuses why I've not been down to the gym (and only a few are actually valid). I've not really done anything properly for 3-4 weeks.

For some reason I hit that 5 stones mark and I feel like I've finished....don't know why i feel like that. But I know that I would like to lose at least another 2 stones (possible 3st). Food wise I've been ok I guess. Bad at the start of the week and then really strict at the end. I have found myself falling into the trap of having treats on Mondays 'because I've got a week to make up for it'. This is not what I wanted at all. By having that thought process I'm turning this into a diet and not a way of life. I need to see mondays as just another day.

My life now is already a very different one to the one I had 9 months ago. Everything is so much easier, I don't feel as embarrassed or ashamed of myself, I don't avoid doing things. I do not ever want to go back to what i weighed before (mum - don't worry, I'm not going to give up). I just need to refocus and think of new ways to keep going.

So I just need to stop talking and start doing.

In order to combat this my husband and I are going to have a TV Free week starting tomorrow (with the only exception of letting our son watch tv, or using tv to do exercise). We did this back in January and it was great. So I'm hoping that it will prove to be a kick up the backside with regards to exercise this coming week. I'm going to set up a chart so that I can follow it all week and shift some serious lard!

I've set myself a couple of goals to help motivate me which are:
1) to lose 7lb by the 8th November
2) to lose a further 7lb by 2nd January 2013.
I would then have lost 6 stones and that would a be such a massive achievement. There is 15 weeks & 2 days until 2nd Jan 2012 (one year since I started) so I think I've set myself a realistic goal of approx 1lb per week.

It's so hard to keep going with slow weigh loss. It's so easy to think its not worth it. But I must remember why I'm doing this and how I feel now, compared to how I used to feel. I have changed my life for the better and I'm not about to go back.

Right, I'm off to write up an exercise plan for my week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment